Patient in Garland, Texas, asks, Am I a candidate for complete dentures?If you are experiencing tooth loss, decay, or damage caused by injury, disease, or poor nutrition, you may be considering dentures. Dentures, known as false teeth to many, are removable, long-term options to improve the appearance or functionality of your mouth.
Kings Dental in Garland, Texas, provides a comprehensive assessment and consultation for individuals who may be candidates for dentures. To determine if dentures are the most appropriate solution for your oral health concerns, it is important to understand the types of dentures that are available.
Types of dentures
- Partial dentures – for patients who are missing a few teeth, partial dentures cover a section of the upper or lower teeth. They are available as cast, using a metal structure; resin, a more flexible material; and interim, sometimes called flippers.
- Complete dentures – for patients with total tooth loss, complete dentures are available in two styles:
- Immediate dentures – as the name implies, immediate dentures can be made in advance and fitted on the day that a patient has all of his or her teeth extracted. They may be a temporary solution while a patient’s gums heal, and may be adjusted several times.
- Traditional, or conventional, dentures – prosthetic teeth are created through impressions made of the gums and jaw, and fitted to the patient once the gums have healed.
Benefits of complete dentures
If you have lost – or are losing – all of your teeth, you may feel self-conscious about your appearance or have difficulty eating or speaking. Many patients who have received complete dentures often share their satisfaction in several areas:
- Improvement in appearance
- Enhanced support for facial muscles
- Clearer speech
- More comfortable eating and chewing
How dentures are made
Long lasting and customizable, complete dentures are made in several steps. Dr. Vidya Suri, at Kings Dental in Garland, Texas, estimates that the process may take six to twelve weeks to create the high quality teeth prosthetic that will improve the quality of life of a patient.
- An impression is made of the jaw
- Molds or casts in plastic or wax will be “fitted” and assessed for the most natural looking shape and color for the patient
- A final denture is cast
- Dentures will be adjusted for optimal comfort and function
If you are interested in learning more about how complete dentures can enhance your smile and confidence, you can trust Dr. Suri and the professional staff at Kings Dental to provide the most comfortable and natural-looking solution for your needs. Call 214-703-6900 for an appointment.
- Saturday Dentist in Garland - Visit dentist in Garland area open on Saturday
- Pediatricians in Garland, 75043 - Parents in Garland 75043, ask, "At what age do Pediatricians recommend dental care?"
- Complete Dentures in Garland Texas - Patient in Garland, Texas, asks, Am I a candidate for complete dentures?
- General TX Children Dentist - TX Dentist addresses children’s general and specialized needs
- Affordable Dentures Near Garland TX - How can I find affordable dentures near Garland, TX?
Back to Meet the Team Page