Patients in the Mesquite, TX area ask, “What are cosmetic dental bridges?”At Kings Dental, Dr. Vidya Suri and her team help patients in Mesquite, TX and the surrounding areas improve oral health and rejuvenate their smiles. The team provides a wide range of dentistry solutions, from preventative care that includes cleanings and examinations, to basic restorations such as fillings, and even cosmetic procedures such as veneers and teeth whitening. One of the most common procedures performed in the office is dental bridges, which are both a restorative and cosmetic way to address missing teeth.
Dental bridges are an effective solution for patients who are missing one or more teeth. They are made from porcelain, which is a durable and long lasting ceramic material very similar to natural tooth enamel. Dental bridges can be fabricated to match the adjacent teeth, which make them fit in beautifully within the dental arch. They are a popular solution because they are more affordable than dental implants, and are more secure and stable than removable partial dentures.
Losing teeth is not simply a cosmetic issue. While it has a dramatic impact on the appearance of the smile, it can also impair functions such as biting, chewing, and talking. When gaps are left in the smile, remaining teeth can begin to shift out of place. Once this happens, restorations and even orthodontic care may be needed. It is always important to see your dental care practitioner soon after losing teeth to avoid more extensive and costly restorations in the future.
Dental bridges are bonded in place using crowns that are placed on teeth adjacent to the gap, making them a fixed solution. With proper care, bridges can last for many years, even decades. Patients should practice the same oral care they are used to with natural teeth. The only difference is the use of a special flossing tool to help clean under the bridge where food debris can become trapped.
If you are ready to learn more about the cosmetic and restorative benefits of dental bridges, call the team at Kings Dental today. We’re ready to help you get your beautiful and healthy smile back.
- Cosmetic Dentist in Garland TX - How patients can benefit from visiting a cosmetic dentist in Garland TX
- Dental Bridges near Mesquite TX - Dentist near Mesquite, TX offers dental bridges
- Dental Crown in Garland - How dental crowns can improve the appearance of teeth for patients in the Garland area
- Tooth Colored Fillings Garland - Garland area Dentist discusses tooth-colored fillings
- Cosmetic Dental Bridges Mesquite TX - Patients in the Mesquite, TX area ask, “What are cosmetic dental bridges?
- Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures Garland TX - Common cosmetic dentistry procedures offered by dentist in Garland, TX