How dental crowns can improve the appearance of teeth for patients in the Garland areaThe goal of cosmetic dentistry is to restore functionality to your mouth as well as improve the way your smile looks. Teeth that are missing, damaged, or improperly aligned can put the health of your mouth at risk and affect the beauty of your smile. At Kings Dental, we offer patients in the Garland area a way to restore both the strength and appearance of their teeth with dental crowns.
Dental crowns are excellent for teeth that cannot simply be repaired by fillings. Crowns are used for several different reasons:
- When patients experience tooth loss, crowns are often used to anchor a dental bridge. The crowns are placed on top of the existing teeth that are located on either side of the. They anchor the artificial tooth.
- For patients who opt for dental implants, crowns can be placed on top of the implanted titanium rod to restore form and function.
- After a root canal, teeth can become hard or brittle. This can leave them susceptible to breaking or cracking. When a crown is placed after a root canal, it can provide strength and prevent the tooth from chipping.
- For patients who are unable to receive porcelain veneers, dental crowns can mask staining or imperfections in the teeth.
Once the permanent crown is ready, the temporary crown will be removed. Dr. Suri will verify the fit of the permanent crown and make sure the color is appropriate. Local anesthetic will be used to numb the area as the permanent crown is cemented into place.
With proper care, crowns can last for years. Patients need to make sure to brush at least twice daily along with flossing. Avoiding habits such as grinding and clenching the teeth can help prevent the crown from cracking or becoming loose.
If you are suffering from missing or damaged teeth, call Kings Dental today to learn more about dental crowns.
- Cosmetic Dentist in Garland TX - How patients can benefit from visiting a cosmetic dentist in Garland TX
- Dental Bridges near Mesquite TX - Dentist near Mesquite, TX offers dental bridges
- Dental Crown in Garland - How dental crowns can improve the appearance of teeth for patients in the Garland area
- Tooth Colored Fillings Garland - Garland area Dentist discusses tooth-colored fillings
- Cosmetic Dental Bridges Mesquite TX - Patients in the Mesquite, TX area ask, “What are cosmetic dental bridges?
- Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures Garland TX - Common cosmetic dentistry procedures offered by dentist in Garland, TX