Protect and strengthen weakened teeth with dental crowns in GarlandA beautiful smile has many benefits that extend beyond appearance. Having a full set of teeth that are properly aligned is essential for being able to perform tasks such as biting, chewing, and talking. It is also important for bone health. Missing teeth can impede patients’ ability to maintain oral hygiene, leaving them further susceptible to decay and infection.
Restorative dentistry services allow us to repair issues within the smile and reestablish oral health. Dental crowns are a common restoration that can be used in a number of situations.
Dental crowns are most commonly used to strengthen teeth that have become weak or fragile. This could be due to decay, injury, or infection. The crowns are made of porcelain and are custom fabricated to match the color, size, and shape of existing teeth. The cap is bonded over the tooth to provide strength and stability. With a dental crown in place, patients will be able to eat and speak with ease.
Another reason for placement of crowns is a dental bridge restoration. Dental bridges are prosthetic appliances that can replace one or more missing teeth. The crowns are placed on the teeth adjacent to the gap, serving as support anchors for the appliance. An artificial tooth is attached to the prosthetic and fills in the gap of the missing tooth.
Patients who receive dental implants may also need a dental crown. Once the implant has fused with the jawbone, the crown can be attached to the abutment, completing the restoration.
The process of receiving a dental crown is done in two separate appointments. During this first appointment, impressions are taken to send to the laboratory for fabrication. A temporary crown will then be bonded on the tooth. After a few weeks, your permanent crown will be ready and you can return for final placement. The crown will be double checked for correct size, shape, and fit before it is cemented into place.
Whether you need a dental crown because of a root canal, missing tooth, or trauma, dental crowns can help you get your smile back. If you are in the Garland area, call Kings Dental today at 214-703-6900 to schedule a consultation.
- Dental Crowns Cost Near Mesquite TX - The cost of dental crowns near Mesquite, TX
- Dental Bridge Cost Garland - What is the cost for a dental bridge in the Garland area?
- Garland Tooth Bridge - A dental bridge can replace a missing tooth and provide Garland patients with beautiful results
- Garland Dental Crowns - Protect and strengthen weakened teeth with dental crowns in Garland
- Dental Bridges Near Mesquite, Texas - Dentist near Mesquite, TX discusses dental bridges
- Porcelain Crowns Cost in Garland, TX - Patients in Garland TX, smile brighter with affordable cost porcelain crowns
- Affordable Dental Crowns Garland - Garland area dentist explains the benefits of affordable dental crowns