Garland TX, Dentist explains dentures and partial denturesTooth loss can occur for many reasons, primarily gum disease and decay. Other factors including age, gender, heredity, certain health conditions, injury, smoking, or ineffective oral hygiene can cause tooth loss. Whatever the cause, patients who experience the loss of a tooth or all of their teeth can be overwhelmed and self-conscious about talking, smiling, or eating in public.
Several viable options exist for patients who wish to restore their smiles and regain full function of their mouths, including dental implants, crowns, and bridges. For some patients, dentures may be the best solution.
At Kings Dental in Garland, TX, Dr. Vidya Suri conducts a comprehensive consultation with our patients to listen to their concerns and unique needs and recommend the most effective treatment option to renew their healthy smiles in ways that meet their lifestyles.
If dentures are the best solution for your oral health goals, Dr. Suri can explain each step of treatment and the process for obtaining dentures.
There are two styles of dentures, complete dentures and partial dentures. These removable prosthetic teeth replace missing teeth and the tissues that surround them. Complete dentures replace an entire arch of teeth, upper or lower. Partial dentures fill in gaps from missing teeth when one or more healthy teeth remain. Partial dentures can support remaining teeth and prevent them from shifting.
Patients with new dentures may require a period of adjustment until they feel completely comfortable. Patients will see the immediate cosmetic advantages of having a natural looking, healthy smile once again, as well as a more structured appearance of the skin around the mouth. Speaking and chewing often becomes more relaxed in a short time.
There are certain measures that patients with dentures should take, such as:
- Handle with care – avoid dropping
- Maintain proper oral hygiene – brush with a soft bristle toothbrush and rinse daily to remove plaque and food
- Cleaning – use appropriate cleansers recommended by your dental professional
- Care when removed – based upon the type of denture, specific steps should be taken to ensure that they do not dry out or lose shape overnight
If you are looking for solutions for tooth loss, consult the friendly professionals and Dr. Suri at Kings Dental, located at 6521 Duck Creek Drive in Garland, TX. Appointments may be made online or by calling (214) 703-6900.
- Dentist near me in Garland answers, 'Can dentures cause dry mouth?'
- Garland area dentist is proud to offer partial and full dentures
- Complete dentures can restore smiles and confidence for patients in Garland area
- Patients in the Garland area can enjoy naturally beautiful smiles with modern dentures that look nothing like the cheap looking false teeth of the past
- Denture care for Garland area patients
- Affordable quality dentures do more than just restore smiles for Mesquite, TX area patients
- What are the options for false teeth in Mesquite, TX?
- Dental professional in 75043 addresses cosmetic tooth restorations and dentures
- Garland TX, Dentist explains dentures and partial dentures
- Garland, TX patients ask, “Which Dentist provides Dental Implants in Garland?”
- Garland, TX area patients ask about partial dentures
Back to Dentures Home Page