At Kings Dental in Garland, TX, Dr. Suri and her team do everything they can to ensure the health and wellness of their patients. They provide same day dental emergency care during normal business hours and after-hour calls are forwarded to Dr. Suri’s cell phone. The team understands the need for quick, efficient dental care in an emergency. When it’s your child experiencing the emergency, nerves can be high. The first thing you should always do in case of a dental emergency is call the office. Then, while waiting for an appointment, you can do some things at home to help minimize pain and damage.
- Knocked out permanent tooth – This very serious dental emergency can truly benefit from quick action. When a permanent tooth is knocked out, it is important to hold it by the chewing surface, not the root. Avoid rinsing the tooth with water or removing any tissue. If you can place it in the socket it, do so gently. If you can’t, place the tooth in a cup of milk until you can be seen by the dentist.
- Abscess – This serious infection can cause a great deal of pain. Try rinsing with salt water to help alleviate pain and clean out the area.
- Toothache – One of the most commonly seen dental problems. While a toothache may sound minor, the pain can sometimes be quite severe. Attempt to softly brush, floss, and rinse to see if the toothache is caused by food lodged in-between teeth. If pain persists, make an appointment to be seen.
- Broken teeth – Teeth can break for many reasons, if you are able to save the pieces of the tooth, bring them with you to the dentist. Rinse out the mouth with warm water.
- Soft-tissue injury – To control the bleeding, rinse with warm salt water and apply pressure with a damp piece of gauze for up to fifteen minutes. Continue to apply pressure if bleeding is still occurring after 15 minutes. Make an appointment to be seen immediately.
- Broken jaw – Go to the nearest emergency room to receive immediate care.
We strive to empower you, to make well-informed decisions about your oral health through individual consultation.Request an Appointment
For children, we understand that emergencies involving the mouth can be frightening. The important thing to do is stay calm and call us with a list of symptoms. Quick action and proper post injury care can mean a world of difference. At Kings Dental, you can trust that your child will receive high quality care from a dental pediatrician you can trust. To learn more about, call us today.