Garland area patients may be able to address gum disease with professional deep cleaningWith gum disease, the sooner you begin treatment, the better the outcome. Once gum disease has progressed to an advanced stage, the damage is often irreversible. Advanced gum disease is one of the leading causes of adult tooth loss.
If you’ve recently been diagnosed with gum disease, Dr. Suri may recommend a deep cleaning, known as scaling and root planing. This process works to clean out plaque and bacteria that is stuck in the pockets between the gums and teeth. The dentist will use a special tool to remove the plaque from the crown all the way down to the root. Once the toxins are removed, the root of the tooth is smoothed out.
Scaling and root planing is extremely effective at managing inflammation caused by gum disease. This non-surgical treatment can prevent the need for more invasive options. This deep cleaning is not only used as a treatment for gum disease, but it can also be done preventatively. Dr. Suri may recommend this procedure for one of the following reasons:
- To prevent gum disease. Perhaps you don’t have a gum disease diagnosis yet, a deep cleaning can help remove build-up that will eventually lead to gum disease.
- To prevent other health conditions. The plaque that causes gum disease can travel through the bloodstream and put patients at a risk of other conditions such as heart disease and stroke. Scaling and root planing can help reduce that risk.
- To protect the teeth. Gum disease does not just affect the gums; it can eventually lead to tooth loss. The bacteria associated with gum disease can cause deep pockets between the gums and teeth. Eventually these pockets begin to pull away from the teeth. Teeth can then shift, fall out or require extraction.
- To improve chronic bad breath. One of the first symptoms of gum disease is persistent mouth odor. Once the food particles and bacteria are cleaned from the mouth, bad breath is reduced.
- Patients near Garland ask, “What does general dentistry include?”
- Ways to address the coloring of a tooth in the Garland area
- Garland area dentist is open for appointments on weekends
- How regular dental visits can help patients in the Garland area avoid a dental emergency
- Pain free dentistry is a reality with the help of sedation from your dentist near Mesquite, TX
- Garland area patients may be able to address gum disease with professional deep cleaning
- High quality family dental care in Garland
- Family dental care tips in Garland
- Why Garland households should have a family Dentist by their side
- Patients in the Garland, TX area take comfort in benefits of family dental care
- The importance of a quality family Dentist in North Texas