How regular dental visits can help patients in the Garland area avoid a dental emergencyTo maintain a healthy mouth, the American Dental Association recommends that everyone visit their dentist twice per year for a professional check-up and cleaning. There are many studies linking oral health with overall wellbeing, so taking care of your teeth is a vital part of taking care of your entire body. There are many conditions and diseases including diabetes, heart disease, vitamin deficiencies, Alzheimer's, and even cancer that can all have symptoms originating in the mouth. Dr. Suri and her team encourage all of their patients to stay on top of regular dental visits as a way to stay healthy.
What happens during a general check-up?A large portion of the check-up involves examining the teeth for decay. X-rays may also be taken and the hygienist will check at all areas of the mouth, looking for any potential signs of gum disease. If caught early enough, gum disease can be reversible. If left untreated it can cause irreparable damage and may even require surgery.
Dr. Suri will perform an oral cancer screening and check for any potential signs of diabetes. The head and neck will be examined as well as an evaluation of your bite and the movement of your jaw, looking for signs of TMJ dysfunction.
During your visit, your teeth will also receive a professional cleaning to remove any plaque or tartar. Plaque can build up on the teeth rapidly and it can lead to tooth decay and gum disease if not thoroughly removed. In fact, emergency toothaches due to advanced decay are one of the most common reasons we receive after-hours emergency calls from our patients. Your teeth will be polished and flossed, leaving with you with a sparkling clean smile.
As important as regular visits are, maintaining proper oral hygiene in-between dental visits is equally as important. Make sure to brush at least twice per day, floss daily, and use and antibacterial mouthwash.
Staying proactive about your oral health with Dr. Suri and her team at Kings Dental is a great way to identify problems early, avoid dental emergencies, and help keep your entire body healthy. If you would like to find out more about the importance of dental care and the services we offer, please call our office at (214) 703-6900 today.
- Patients near Garland ask, “What does general dentistry include?”
- Ways to address the coloring of a tooth in the Garland area
- Garland area dentist is open for appointments on weekends
- How regular dental visits can help patients in the Garland area avoid a dental emergency
- Pain free dentistry is a reality with the help of sedation from your dentist near Mesquite, TX
- Garland area patients may be able to address gum disease with professional deep cleaning
- High quality family dental care in Garland
- Family dental care tips in Garland
- Why Garland households should have a family Dentist by their side
- Patients in the Garland, TX area take comfort in benefits of family dental care
- The importance of a quality family Dentist in North Texas