Issues patients near Mesquite, TX may expect if they develop advanced gum diseaseDentists around the world encourage patients to take good care of their smiles. Dr. Vidya Suri and her team near Mesquite, TX want patients to understand that good dental health is essential in maintaining the beauty of their teeth and gums. Without good oral hygiene habits, patients may experience a number of issues with their smile including cavities and advanced gum disease.
Cavities are areas of decay that are caused by acids that eat through the enamel and negatively affect the tooth. If left untreated, patients may need to have their teeth extracted and replaced with dentures, dental bridges, or dental implants. It can also infect the dental pulp inside the tooth and require procedures such as root canal therapy.
Another concern is advanced gum disease. Gum disease is not curable but it is controllable, so we encourage our patients to take the time to understand gum disease. Also known as periodontal disease, this condition can affect the gum tissue, the bone, and the teeth. Signs of advanced gum disease include:
- Shrinking of gum tissue
- Loss of bone
- Loose teeth or teeth falling out
- Persistent bad breath
- Swelling and redness of the gum tissue
Dr. Vidya Suri encourages patients who are showing signs of periodontal disease to visit her practice for a thorough examination. X-rays may be done to check the health of the bone and teeth, and a physical evaluation will be performed as well. The dentist will check the pocket depth, which is the space between the teeth and the gum tissue. This can help her diagnose the actual stage of the gum disease.
Patients near Mesquite, TX who are faced with problems such as gum disease are strongly encouraged to work with their dental team to evaluate the problem and receive effective treatment. Treatment may include antibiotics, extensive cleaning, and a procedure known as scaling and root planing. Dr. Vidya Suri will be able to assess the situation and determine which solution is most appropriate.
- Garland family dentist offers treatment options that quickly, comfortably resolve periodontal disease
- Available periodontal disease treatments in Garland, TX practice
- Garland, TX area dentist offers effective gum recession and disease treatment
- Garland, TX area dentist describes the concerns with receding gums
- Issues patients near Mesquite, TX may expect if they develop advanced gum disease
- What are the treatment options for gum disease patients in Garland area?
- Garland area patients inquire about treating chronic bad breath
- Garland, TX area patients ask, "What are the treatments available for gum disease?"