Available periodontal disease treatments in Garland, TX practiceBy Dr. Vidya Suri
When patients get a diagnosis of gum disease, they may be faced with three different options for treatment, including:
- Regular cleaning
- Scaling and root planing (deep cleaning)
CleaningThe earlier stages of gum disease, typically known as gingivitis, may just require a thorough cleaning at the dental office. This hygiene treatment is the same cleaning done during a regular evaluation. It removes plaque and tartar from surfaces of teeth and gums to restore oral health.
Scaling and root planingA more aggressive treatment is that of scaling and root planing. This deep cleansing procedure includes cleaning underneath the gums, which gets to the roots of the teeth that are not visible. This is the most appropriate way to clean the teeth and start bringing the smile back to health, following periodontal disease.
AntibioticsAntibiotics are the best way to address an infection. Our dental team, once we have determined that the patient has an infection, can prescribe antibiotics for patients to take orally. We also have antibiotics that we can apply topically to the infection in the mouth to provide direct treatment. Sometimes we combine both for optimum effectiveness.
Schedule a visitDo you believe you are dealing with periodontal disease and are ready to discuss treatment solutions? Contact Dr. Suri and the team at Kings Dental today to book an appointment and an initial evaluation. The practice is conveniently located in Garland, TX at 6521 Duck Creek Drive and is ready to accept new patients. Call (214) 703-6900 to discuss your condition.
- Garland family dentist offers treatment options that quickly, comfortably resolve periodontal disease
- Available periodontal disease treatments in Garland, TX practice
- Garland, TX area dentist offers effective gum recession and disease treatment
- Garland, TX area dentist describes the concerns with receding gums
- Issues patients near Mesquite, TX may expect if they develop advanced gum disease
- What are the treatment options for gum disease patients in Garland area?
- Garland area patients inquire about treating chronic bad breath
- Garland, TX area patients ask, "What are the treatments available for gum disease?"