Garland, TX area dentist describes the concerns with receding gumsBy Dr. Vidya Suri
Dr. Vidya Suri describes periodontal diseasePeriodontal disease is sometimes referred to as gum disease. Periodontal disease is an infection of the smile that negatively impacts the appearance and the health. Dr. Vidya Suri and her team encourage patients to know the signs and symptoms so that treatment can be delivered as soon as possible.
Signs of periodontal diseasePatients with periodontal disease may notice some of the following issues with their smiles:
- Receding gums
- Persistent bad breath
- Shifting of the natural teeth
- Gum pockets developing
- Loose teeth
- Red, irritated gum tissue
Treatment of periodontal diseaseWhile the condition cannot be cured, it can be controlled with the assistance of a dental professional. Dr. Vidya Suri can provide a thorough cleaning for the earlier stages, known as gingivitis, or a procedure known as scaling and root planing for the later stages.
Receding gums are a serious issueIf you are noticing that the gum tissue in your smile is beginning to recede, it may be a sign of periodontal disease. Patients in the Garland, Texas area are welcome to book an appointment at Kings Dental for an evaluation and to discuss the possible treatment options for restoring the smile. Kings Dental is conveniently located at 6521 Duck Creek Drive and can be reached at (214) 703-6900. Dr. Vidya Suri and her team are here to help, and can assist patients with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of gum disease. Call today to schedule an appointment.
- Garland family dentist offers treatment options that quickly, comfortably resolve periodontal disease
- Available periodontal disease treatments in Garland, TX practice
- Garland, TX area dentist offers effective gum recession and disease treatment
- Garland, TX area dentist describes the concerns with receding gums
- Issues patients near Mesquite, TX may expect if they develop advanced gum disease
- What are the treatment options for gum disease patients in Garland area?
- Garland area patients inquire about treating chronic bad breath
- Garland, TX area patients ask, "What are the treatments available for gum disease?"