Why it's important to have a child friendly dentist in Garland when your son or daughter has a toothacheA toothache can be a frightening experience for a child. They may be too young to communicate where the pain is coming from, which can leave you feeling helpless and unsure of what to do. Many times, a toothache will cause your child to wake in the middle of the night, which can lead to anxiety and exhaustion.
Ultimately, you need to make an appointment with the dentist. If the pain is persistent and there appears to be serious damage to the tooth, it is important to have the child seen right away. Whether you are taking your child in immediately or waiting a day to see the dentist, there are a few questions you can ask your child to help Dr. Suri assess the situation and begin prompt treatment.
- Does their tooth hurt all the time or only in certain situations like eating, drinking, or brushing?
- Is the tooth sensitive to hot or cold?
- Does it hurt when the tooth is touched?
- Is the tooth chipped, broken, or loose?
You may try having your child rinse with warm salt water to soothe the toothache or apply an ice pack on the cheek to reduce swelling. If your child is acting very sick or in extreme pain, please contact the dentist immediately. Over the counter pain relievers can help alleviate the discomfort associated with a toothache. Please be sure to follow proper dosage procedures on the bottle.
Most common treatments for toothaches include a combination of pain relievers and fillings. In some cases, the tooth may need to be extracted. Dr. Suri will be able to determine the best course treatment for your child.
Dr. Suri is highly experienced in treating children. Her light hearted and friendly approach to children will put you and your child at ease while she is evaluating and treating the toothache.
- Your family deserves the royal treatment and quality dental care in Garland TX
- Where can I find a pediatric dentist near me in the Garland, TX area?
- Why it's important to have a child friendly dentist in Garland when your son or daughter has a toothache
- Visiting an emergency pediatric dentist near Mesquite, TX
- Types of pediatric dental emergencies in Mesquite, TX
- Garland area Dentist discusses how to handle pediatric dental emergencies
- Tips for preventing cavities in the children in Garland, TX
- How good dietary habits can help kids in Garland with their dental health
- Garland, TX area parents ask, “Is there a quality children’s Dentist near me?”
- About your children’s first few dental visits in Garland
- Pediatric Dentist in Garland shares tips for keeping teeth healthy
- Common dental issues from an emergency Pediatrician in Garland, TX
- Gentle Children's Dentist in Garland TX