About your children’s first few dental visits in GarlandThere are many milestones to celebrate in a child’s first year: crawling, first steps, talking, and first tooth. With eruption of the first comes another milestone: the first dental visit. You may be wondering why it’s important to take your child to the dentist that early, which is why we’ve put together some information about the importance of early oral care.
Your child’s oral care needs actually begin before the first tooth erupts. Taking care of your child’s gums is important from day one. After every feeding, take a soft, damp washcloth and gently rub it along the gums to clean them.
It’s time to schedule the first dental visit after the first tooth erupts, or before they turn one, whichever comes first. This appointment is largely dictated by your child’s age. For our youngest patients, the visit is mostly about evaluating the health of the mouth and answering any questions that you may have about caring for your child’s continually growing set of teeth.
As your children get older, appointments continue to be aimed at allowing them to adapt to the environment within the office. By helping them discover that the dentist’s office can be a fun place, we are minimizing the potential for dental anxiety down the road. When they are old enough to understand, we begin to explain to them the importance of oral hygiene in an age-appropriate way.
Young children mimic adult behavior, so we encourage all parents to brush and floss their teeth in front of their child. Brushing your teeth with your child demonstrates proper technique and makes it fun.
Nearly 10 percent of children will develop a cavity before they are two years old. Regular dental care coupled with proactive oral hygiene at home can help ensure that your child gets off to a healthy start.
If your child has already gotten some of his or her teeth, it’s time to bring them to our office for a dental visit. If you are in Garland or the surrounding area, call us today at 214-703-6900 to schedule an appointment.
- Your family deserves the royal treatment and quality dental care in Garland TX
- Where can I find a pediatric dentist near me in the Garland, TX area?
- Why it's important to have a child friendly dentist in Garland when your son or daughter has a toothache
- Visiting an emergency pediatric dentist near Mesquite, TX
- Types of pediatric dental emergencies in Mesquite, TX
- Garland area Dentist discusses how to handle pediatric dental emergencies
- Tips for preventing cavities in the children in Garland, TX
- How good dietary habits can help kids in Garland with their dental health
- Garland, TX area parents ask, “Is there a quality children’s Dentist near me?”
- About your children’s first few dental visits in Garland
- Pediatric Dentist in Garland shares tips for keeping teeth healthy
- Common dental issues from an emergency Pediatrician in Garland, TX
- Gentle Children's Dentist in Garland TX