Common dental issues from an emergency Pediatrician in Garland, TXIt is always best to call us right away if you think your child needs emergency dental care. As a dental pediatrician, we are trained to handle all common dental emergencies. Our number one goal is the health of all of our patients, which means we are always available when there is an urgent problem. The following are some common urgent dental issues and tips for handling them.
Broken toothIf a tooth fractures or chips, have your child rinse with warm water. If there is swelling, a cold compress after rinsing may help. If you can, save the piece of broken tooth and contact the office immediately.
Knocked-out toothIf a permanent tooth has been knocked out by trauma or injury, try to locate it and gently clean it with warm water. Make sure to avoid touching the root and then place it in a bowl or container with milk. Call the office immediately because in some cases the tooth may be saved.
ToothacheToothaches can be very scary for children. When your child complains of a toothache, the first step is to rinse the mouth with warm water and look for anything stuck between the teeth. For persistent pain, apply a cold compress, but do not apply heat or topical pain relievers. Children’s oral pain relievers may be taken if needed. Call the office immediately to schedule an appointment.
Broken JawIf you feel like your child may have broken his or her jaw, head to the nearest emergency room.
Tongue or Lip BiteIf the bite has caused bleeding, gently rinse out the mouth with water and apply a cold, damp washcloth to the area to reduce swelling. Call our office so we can help determine how bad the bite is and if your child needs to be seen.
Dental emergencies can be frightening for your child and for you, which is why we are always available for questions or concerns. If it isn’t during normal business hours, all calls are forwarded to Dr. Suri’s cell phone. Please always call 911 for any life threatening emergencies.
- Your family deserves the royal treatment and quality dental care in Garland TX
- Where can I find a pediatric dentist near me in the Garland, TX area?
- Why it's important to have a child friendly dentist in Garland when your son or daughter has a toothache
- Visiting an emergency pediatric dentist near Mesquite, TX
- Types of pediatric dental emergencies in Mesquite, TX
- Garland area Dentist discusses how to handle pediatric dental emergencies
- Tips for preventing cavities in the children in Garland, TX
- How good dietary habits can help kids in Garland with their dental health
- Garland, TX area parents ask, “Is there a quality children’s Dentist near me?”
- About your children’s first few dental visits in Garland
- Pediatric Dentist in Garland shares tips for keeping teeth healthy
- Common dental issues from an emergency Pediatrician in Garland, TX
- Gentle Children's Dentist in Garland TX