Garland area Dentist discusses how to handle pediatric dental emergenciesAny time your child experiences an emergency, it can be scary for all involved. Since dental emergencies are common, being prepared for them can help you keep calm during an otherwise stressful situation. One of the most important things you can do is to remain calm. By doing so, you will be able to think clearly and help keep your child comfortable and calm.
Dr. Suri of Kings Dental in Garland, TX offers these tips to parents for handling dental emergencies:
- If your child has suffered any sort of injury to the head, contact your physician immediately and head to the local emergency room. Head injuries should be looked at right away and dental problems can be evaluated later.
- When a dental emergency occurs, attempt to stop any bleeding. You can do this with a piece of gauze or a clean compress.
- If there are any teeth that are broken or missing, attempt to locate them.
- If the teeth have broken, gently clean the area with water and use a compress to minimize inflammation.
- Handle knocked-out teeth by the crown. If the child is old enough, you can attempt to reinsert the tooth into the socket before getting into the office. If not, put the tooth into a glass of milk. Saving a tooth requires prompt attention, so it is important to get the office as quickly as possible.
- If there is an injury to the lip, cheek, or tongue, apply pressure to stop the bleeding. If the bleeding cannot be controlled, take your child to the emergency room.
- Your family deserves the royal treatment and quality dental care in Garland TX
- Where can I find a pediatric dentist near me in the Garland, TX area?
- Why it's important to have a child friendly dentist in Garland when your son or daughter has a toothache
- Visiting an emergency pediatric dentist near Mesquite, TX
- Types of pediatric dental emergencies in Mesquite, TX
- Garland area Dentist discusses how to handle pediatric dental emergencies
- Tips for preventing cavities in the children in Garland, TX
- How good dietary habits can help kids in Garland with their dental health
- Garland, TX area parents ask, “Is there a quality children’s Dentist near me?”
- About your children’s first few dental visits in Garland
- Pediatric Dentist in Garland shares tips for keeping teeth healthy
- Common dental issues from an emergency Pediatrician in Garland, TX
- Gentle Children's Dentist in Garland TX