Did you know that more than 80% of Americans will have a cavity at least once in their lifetime before they enter their mid-30s? Tooth cavities are common and can strike at any age, but their occurrence is due to inadequate oral hygiene and eating sugary foods. Cavities happen when acids present in the plaque corrode the teeth’ enamel, leaving holes. If left untreated, cavities morph into other health complications, including advanced tooth decay that may lead to tooth loss or severe infection.
While cavities can be a menace to your oral health, you can prevent them from progressing into large holes that attract infections. With tooth-colored fillings from Kings Dental, in Garland Texas, you can stop cavities from spreading deeper.
The tooth filling procedure explained
When Dr. Vidya Suri recommends tooth fillings for your cavities, you might be anxious about the procedure. However, we can assure you that the process is smooth and pain-free. While the method may vary depending on the material and filling location, below is the general tooth filling process:
- Your dentist numbs the gums around the affected tooth and then administers anesthesia to reduce pain and discomfort during the process. However, for minor cavities, anesthesia may not be necessary.
- Using a specialized tool, the dentist removes the decayed part and cleans the area to remove any infection.
- Next, a tooth filling is used to fill up the hole. And finally, the filling is polished and may be adjusted to make the bite feel natural.
If composite resin material is used as a tooth filling, your dentist will use a special light to harden it.
We strive to empower you, to make well-informed decisions about your oral health through individual consultation.Request an Appointment
Benefits of tooth-colored fillings
While dental fillings can be made from materials like amalgam and gold, at Kings Dental, we use composite resin for the below reasons:
- It closely matches your natural teeth.
- It’s safe. Resin doesn’t have mercury, like amalgam fillings.
- It’s durable with proper care.
Whether it’s cavities or a minor dental restoration, the composite resin is a superb material that preserves your smile.
Dental filling near me
You may ignore your cavity-laden teeth now because they don’t have pain, but this will turn catastrophic in the future. Be wise and take control of your oral health today by getting tooth-colored fillings to fill your cavities. If you are in Garland, TX, and the surrounding areas, dial (214) 703-6900 to book an appointment with Kings Dental.