Living with mouth gaps can be challenging. Your self-confidence dampens, and eating becomes a painful and uncomfortable task. In the long run, your bite shifts out of alignment, and your face contours “cave in” because of bone loss.
Fortunately, titanium dental implants in Garland, Texas, can restore the esthetics and function of your smile. Dr. Vidya Suri and the team at Kings Dental place high-quality implant-based restorations that replicate your natural teeth in every way, from appearance and feel to function.
How does a dental implant work?
The implant system includes a titanium stud surgically inserted in your jawbone. The titanium screw is biocompatible, enabling it to fuse with the jawbone during healing to form a stable foundation for your replacement teeth.
Above the implant, we install an abutment — a dental prosthetic that adds length to your implant and connects it to a crown or other restoration. The titanium screw and abutment are hidden from sight and only visible through X-ray images. The three-piece design of a dental implant enables it to closely mimic your natural teeth.
What to expect from the dental implant procedure
Treating tooth loss with dental implants takes several months, with most of the time taken to allow your implant to heal and fuse with the jawbone. Following are the steps involved in the dental implant process:
- Initial examination to determine whether you have adequate bone to support an implant. We also inspect your mouth to rule out cavities, gum disease, and other issues that may compromise your implant treatment
- Pre-surgery procedures, including dental extraction for failing teeth and bone grafting to add volume and density to your deteriorated jawbone
- Anesthesia to reduce discomfort during surgery. Some patients may require sedation dentistry for added comfort
- Implant surgery to place the titanium screw in your jawbone
- After four to six months of healing, the implant fixture fuses with the jawbone through osseointegration
- After healing, you need minor surgery to place your abutment
- Restoring your tooth with a natural-looking crown, denture, or bridge
Because of osseointegration, dental implants are considered as strong as your natural teeth. The tough bond between the implant and the bone provides stability when eating, talking, or laughing. Dental implants don’t slip or move when using your teeth.
We strive to empower you, to make well-informed decisions about your oral health through individual consultation.Request an Appointment
Benefits of replacing your teeth with dental implants
Implants don’t just replace the crown of your tooth — they also replace your tooth root, which adds stability.
The many benefits of dental implants include the following:
- Stimulate your jawbone to prevent bone loss and encourage regeneration
- Unlike dental bridges, dental implants don’t alter the nearby teeth. Instead, they stabilize the surrounding teeth by preventing them from titling into the toothless space
- Restore your ability to eat and speak to nearly 100%
- Natural look and feel
- Taking care of dental implants is similar to maintaining your natural teeth
- Designed to last a lifetime
- Implant-based restorations restore your confidence to smile, laugh, and eat without feeling insecure about your teeth
Affordable Implant Dentist Near Me
Whether you have lost your teeth to injury, disease, or decay, dental implants in Garland, Texas, can rebuild your smile to its functional, beautiful self.
We have made our implants affordable through flexible payment options and accepting insurance from numerous providers.